- Mix garlic, chillies and ginger together to form a paste with a stick blender or in a small food processor. You may need a dash of water.
- Heat the olive oil in frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chilli and ginger mix, lower the heat and cook for 30 minutes. Stir in pepper, kecap manis, soy and sugar. Taste to check seasoning.
- Cut the block of Bean Supreme Organic Tofu into small pieces. Stir through about 1 cup of sauce.
The sauce makes more than you need. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Serve warm on sticky rice, garnished with chopped spring onions and coriander.
- Serve in little gem lettuce cups as a canape.
- Stuff into a roll with some Asian slaw, mayo, fresh coriander and slices of red chilli.
- Serve on an Asian style slaw dressed with sesame oil, lime juice and a touch of soy.